Life with the Goebels!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Off again, On Again

This is my relationship with blogging, off again, on again!
I seem to be really into for a few posts, then completely forget about it!
oopsie!

Anyways... this spring/summer has been grand and not so grand! (pictures/events in no particular order)

I graduated (which I have no pictures of, even almost 3 months later, because that is how my family rolls.) :D



I ran a 5k! My first 5k ever! I ran it in 49 minutes and some seconds. My friend Brandon and I ran together :)


Then, the next day, I RAN A 10K! It was soo fun. I am hooked. I think I am going to run a 10K in October, then a Half for the next Fargo Marathon. It was fun and I honestly haven't been that proud of myself... like, ever!


We went to Peru... That was actually wwaaayyy back in March. It was a marvelous adventure, David's first time on a plane/out of the country. Both of us had never been on a mission trip .. it was an amazing experience to have together. The people of Peru will forever be in my heart.

This little boy will forever be on my mind. If there were a way, David and I would have taken him home instantly, no matter the cost. His home life was so tragic in many many ways, but look at his smile. He loved me but he absolutely adored David. Completely. Someday we'll be parents, and David will be the best dad ever. Although I am not ready, that is one thing I get very excited for when I think about kids :)
Us in front of the church in Peru. :D



One of my best guy friends got married... aren't they such attractive people!? We have good looking friends :D It was a beautiful wedding and the dance was SO much fun!My sexy husband and I. He is so attractive... maybe not our best photo, but we're just having some fun... can't be too serious!

fist pumping with some of my high school kids. This is the group of kids I have been hanging out with this past year... some are missing, but this is a small chunk of them. I love them. A lot. They are such wonderful kids and I love all that they have taught me in such a small amount of time!

The not so grand parts are well... not so grand. I have been searching for a job since graduation. I was working in 3 part time positions at my school and since I graduated, I could not continue with those positions. I recently, as in 2 weeks ago, got a job doing data entry for Fargo Glass and Paint. This struggle has been very had for me to comprehend as to why God has blessed me with talent in the Graphic Design industry, but I haven't been able to get a job in it. I guess I will never know and just need to trust that God has my best interest in mind :)

I also have lost a dear friend. He was a friend of mine in high school, his sister was and still is one of the best friends I have ever had in my life. He and I went to prom together (i was an awkward sophomore, he was a 6 foot 7 inch senior. ha!) we spent time in drama together, newspaper, the lakes and just hanging out. My heart of course hurts that he is gone, but mostly it hurts for his sister, family and his wife, who is just a year older then me. Words always fail me in these situations, but I am so grateful for the hope that I have, that we all can have, in Jesus.

Last, but certainly not least, David and I are chaperones for our Youth Mission trip to New Orleans. We leave Friday, the 29th, and will be back August 7th. We are both very excited but slightly nervous. We've been trusted to lead these children emotionally, physically and spiritually, and sometime we still feel like children! :) I'll post a blog when we return.

In Love,

K and D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home