Life with the Goebels!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

CrazyLove

I am reading CrazyLove by Francis Chan currently with the youth. There is so much in the book (I have only read 3 chapters so far) but there is SO much that is really forcing me to look at myself, but this caught me the most.

In chapter 3, pages 60-63, Chan brings up a question that the first time you read it you go, Well that is a stupid question. The second time you read it, you realize it's only stupid because you don't want to know the true answer of your heart. And the third time you read it, you bow your head in prayer, asking for a pure, loving heart.

The question is:

Do we truly love God, or do we just love all His stuff?



If I may be honest and blunt (quickly, because we have to leave the house soon! :) ) but to be honest... I am not sure. I reflect on my time with Jesus, in worship, reading, bible study, fellowship, serving, etcetc. and I can only say that I know I am blessed and am so grateful for those blessings, but I also don't think I can say that I know Jesus well enough to say that I truly love Him.


I think I need more time to process this, and I am going to continue reading the book and reflecting on here probably. My question for you is this: What do YOU think you love more? Your blessings, or the one blessing you?


Love,

Kayla

p.s. 6 days and I will be done with FedEx, HOLLA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home