Life with the Goebels!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peru. School. FedEx. Illness. and other things

So. Nothing insightful today. Just plenty on my mind.

Today I am not feeling well. Just a little under the weather. To be expected, being as I am overworked, over emotional, eating awful things and our roommate has strep and a sinus infection. So I canceled work and school today to rest and do nothing. I am so blessed that the people I work with at the school (in all 3 jobs) are so understanding. And I have worked hard to stay on top of things, so they know I am not slaking! Hopefully I can rest it out of my body before it takes over!

School is going well, I got some of my first grades from one of my professors who is new this year and I am pleased. I was nervous but am happy with what I got. I am starting to calm down about the semester... but that leads me to other news...

David's 100 days off from work started on January 18th. Officially. Officially, the person who makes a majority of the money in the household is now officially making nothing.

EXCEPT!

He was approved for unemployment and on top of that, it is more then last year. This is all good news, for obvious reasons, but the best news is this: with this and my other jobs I am working, I CAN QUIT FEDEX! Praise the Lord! I am so excited to get sleep, not forget about things due for my other jobs, get to focus on my freelancing, AND spend time with my husband! This is very very exciting, if you can't tell!

Lastly, and certainly not least, we JUST just JUST ordered our tickets to Peru! I am having a small heart attack, thinking about how to pay for all this, how to budget, how I shouldn't have bought that coffee yesterday... etc etc. Yet, I am excited. I am over-joyed. I am...content. God is so awesome, so powerful, so faithful. David and I were praying the other night and David said something about how He shows us, all the time, that we are silly for worrying. So I am going to do my best not to worry, work my hardest to do my best and honor Him daily, and it will workout for His Glory, in His timing, the way He has it set out... and it will be far better then I could ever imagine.

Amen!

<3

Kayla (and David)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home