Life with the Goebels!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Stay With Me"

I have a feeling that this blog is turning more into my personal blog then a blog about David and I, but I will still post updates on where our life is going, how things are going, etc.

Some of my goals for this year are to spend more time with the Lord. I have been really bad at just sitting silently with the Lord or reading the Bible and praying, so I want to be more consistent in that. I am taking baby steps because, like I said in my last post, I am SUPER busy, but I think that if I spend less time on facebook/twitter/etc and more time scheduling my time wisely, I think I can survive the weeks and eventually the semester!

I did survive(obviously) my first week of the semester. I ate healthy, I made a point to not drink a diet coke at 4 am at FedEx, I did activity (shoveling and chopping ice) and I tracked what I ate pretty well. I lost 3 pounds when I weighed in and I started Bible study this week. A few times this week I spent a little time in the Bible and reflected in my journal. I am really proud of how I handled the week and really surprised with how the week went! Praise the Lord for his mercy and in letting me get some sleep on Friday! Monday there is no school, which means I don't have my internship, student worker, work study or class. Or FedEx. I am very pumped for that.

ANYWAYS. The whole point of this post was to let everyone know they should listen to BarlowGirl. I have been pretty obsessed lately with their Love & War album. All their albums are wonderful, but lately the song "Stay with Me" has been just a great song for me to listen to.



Hopeless, getting through this night
And life is not dying in this fight
I'm begging you to deliver me ooh ooh ooh
Confused why you won't take this pain from me

My steps never felt so hard
The end never look so far but
If you won't take me out
Then please take me through this


Stay with me so I won't leave
And make me see that this is not forever
'Cause all I need is your love pulling me

What is the reason for this night
Is hope found in fullness with no light
Does strength grow in our greatest fears
God I pray something good will come from this pain

With you here I know
I don't go alone
I am yours and so
Through the fire I'll go


This is a wonderful song. I believe that the Lord allows difficult situations because that is where our greatest growth comes from. It doesn't have to be something horrid like a death or illness, although those things too force us to change and grow when we rely on the Lord then He will pull us through those dark nights. Even in busy schedules, difficult semesters, broken friendships, dry marriages, or whatever our 'situation' is, He uses that to mold us into better people.

My prayer for myself, and those of us that follow the Lord, is that we would rely on Him heavily before, during and after these difficult situations. Hindsight is 20/20, but what if we go into our life's situations with an attitude that it will make us better, strong and bring more Glory to our wonderful Creator!

I know a lot of this is stuff that most people have already dived into, processed and are trying to live out, but for me this is stuff that I still strive for and who knows if it will ever be something that becomes second nature. How does something like procrastination become second nature but relying on the Lord doesn't? Another mystery of life :)

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Comments/criticism is always welcomed.
Have a blessed weekend!

k~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home