Life with the Goebels!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

: Look at the birds of the air!

Tonight is the eve of our last semester.
David will be finishing in May at MSCTC with a 2 year in IT.
I will be finishing in May at MSCTC with a 2 year in Graphic Design.

To be honest with the whole world, this week has been very rough. Nothing in particular, just completely and utterly overwhelmed by how much is going to happen in the next few months, starting tomorrow. I had my second emotional/mental/nervous breakdown in 5 days today, and just am sitting down to write it down, hash it out, and hopefully get over it!

For me its FedEx, workstudy, internship, class, bible study, Confirmation, Elevate, Freelancing, Weight Watchers, household chores, working out, family, friends, life... and I feel like that is the tip of my iceberg!
David has been so helpful, pointing out scripture and reminding me that there is no reason to worry, that God will carry me through all of it, messy or not, crying or not, I will make it (Lord willing!) But I am sitting here, still very nervous, slightly upset and almost bitter that I am this anxious and school hasn't even started yet!

Why is it so hard to remember that the Lord is in control, that all this blubbering is worthless and I might as well enjoy the view because I'm not even the one driving? I know I am learning a lesson here, I just don't know why I am so stinking thick headed to not get it :)

One of my favorite preachers (thus far) is Andy Stanley. He does a sermon on worrying. He starts with saying what you are most worried about, is what you are most devoted to. Preach it Pastor Stanley! It's a marvelous series, you can find it on YouTube under Andy Stanley Don't Worry. He's a great preacher and I really enjoy him.

My favorite part of the sermon (and scripture) is when he says/reads "Look at the birds of the air!" Look at the birds of the air... if Jesus said that to me today, I would look at Him like he was crazy! but then he says "Do they worry? No, they don't, they get food, etc etc. " well, yeah. "Are you not more valuable then they?!"

Yes, I do think I may be a little more important then a bird. :) What a great lesson! God will take care of me, because he takes care the birds of the air! So exciting.
I encourage you to check Andy Stanley out. He has a great sense of humor and is a bucolically sound man.

Anyways, God is so wonderful and gracious and good, even when things are tough, sticky, messy and icky! Enjoy His blessings, because you aren't driving anyways! :)



Kayla (and Dave)


“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

-Matthew 6:25-34

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home